Thursday, May 14, 2009

Spring Atlanta Visit

I finally got to go home! Yay - it was so much fun relaxing around the house and visiting with friends and family. I got to spend all of Saturday and Sunday with family: Mom and I shopped; we had lunch at a tea room with Vickie; Mom, Dad, and I went to hear Andy Stanley Sunday morning (for a sermon series about staying in love that I highly recommend downloading); we had a Mother's Day brunch with Michael; I visited with Stephen and Lindsey and got to meet their new puppy, Dirk; I spent some time with the Ponds; I took a scooter ride with Dad and got caught in a rain storm with the family on a walk by the Chattahoochee River; the family all celebrated Mother's Day with a supper and a relaxing evening. Of course, the weekend flew by. When the family went back to work on Monday, I took the opportunity to visit some friends. Monday I got to see Michele and her new puppy, Mya. I also had lunch with Ashley, a friend from my GSU days. When I got my hair cut Monday afternoon, the hair stylist had her work cut out for her, trying to get rid of all the paint I had in my hair from painting the bathroom! Tuesday, I rode MARTA downtown with Dad in the morning and spent the day with Stacy and baby Nora. We visited Amy and her daugher, Caroline, for lunch in Decatur. Of course, evenings were spent with the family, watching American Idol and Dancing with the Stars! Early Wednesday, I was once again aboard MARTA heading to the airport. What a whirlwind trip! But it allowed me to spend time with people without the busyness of a holiday or the distractions of a beach vacation. It was the perfect getaway between semesters. Now, time for everyone to visit me!

Mother's Day lunch at Brio.Michele and Mya.

Amy, Caroline, and Nora.

Me and the babies! (Caroline is on the left and Nora on the right).

Stacy, Nora, and I.

No comments: