Monday, June 14, 2010

Week 2

Monday: perfect angel child. I actually got bored.
Tuesday: child was possessed. Screaming for hours until I thought I was going insane (I actually might have). Culminated in a rectal temperature check (surely he's sufferring from some horrible illness!) that he rejected by projectile deficating on the thermometer.
Wednesday: a good baby that cries when he's hungry and sleeps when he's not.
Thursday: possessed child returns. Why?!
Friday: easily moves between angel and devil throughout the day.
Weekend: Vickie and Phillip come to save me from myself (or to hold the baby, whatever).
Of course, Michael's moods then affect my own as I move between confident mother and sobbing mess. Oh, Michael! Can't you get that digestive tract to mature more quickly?!

3 comments:

Laurie said...

Oh, the joy of newborns. Hang in there, it will get better. Just think someday he will be two and will be into everything and you might actually miss these days when they just sit still most the time. He is precious. Hope you have an easier week this week.
Laurie

Mike said...

great pictures! don't go insane quite yet until I get there to give him lemons

Stacy said...

laughing at this and sobbing as my own little man is still awake and screaming at 9:20pm....Ahhhh! I so feel your pain! wish we were closer so I could give you a good hug! :)