I can't believe that the summer is almost over. I have 2 more weeks until school begins, and although these 3 months flew by, it also seems like I've lived a lifetime during them. I honestly don't even remember who my students were last semester. Baby Michael has opened a brand new world for me, and nothing looks the same. But I am excited about school. I only have to report to campus on Tuesday and Thursday mornings, so I'll get to stay home with Michael the rest of the week. Of course, I will have to find some time to do work so that I can graduate one day... JD plans to help with Michael one day a week, and our friend Danielle has agreed to become our new nanny! I just love that JD's going to get the opportunity to get to know our son so much better through that quality time and that Michael will have a family friend to take care of him the other hours I'm unavailable.
This past weekend, the Ponds came up to visit us (or to visit Michael? :)), and we had a lot of fun as usual. We always look forward to some great meals, lots of relaxation, and enjoyment of the town when they come to stay. Now that they've left, we're already anticipating our next visit on Labor Day.
Michael has had some advancements this week, sleeping 8 1/2 hours for a few nights in a row, clasping his hands, and following his mobile with his eyes - little things that really only his parents and grandparents can get excited about! I included a riveting video of him watching his mobile. Try to stay calm.

1 comment:
8.5 hours in a row? he's letting you guys finally catch up on the 2 months of sleep loss. Enjoy the last few weeks before school!
Post a Comment