What a crazy month it's been, and I'm pretty glad it's over. Since Christmas, we celebrated New Year's (quietly), and then I left for a five-day trip to Seattle. There, I attended a conference, interviewed, and presented a paper. It was scary, exciting, and a brand new experience traveling alone. I handled everything much better than I anticipated, and God blessed each part of the trip. But I'm so happy to be home; I missed John David and Michael sooooooooo much. I have another week before school begins, so I'm planning for teaching and starting to revise my dissertation because I finished writing a rough draft in Seattle.
JD and Michael did fabulously while I was gone. We send a huge thanks to Danielle and Beth for watching him while JD worked. They had so many adventures at the park and the Discovery Museum. Once, JD sent me a picture of Michael at the Discovery Museum, and Michael was wearing his pajamas, so who knows what really went on while I was out of town. :)
Michael is picking up new words constantly, but he still isn't using them unless we ask him to. On the other hand, he has his sign language down perfectly. He is such a joy. We are excited about what the spring will bring to our family in the way of new plans. We're just waiting for God to let us in on the secret!
Tuesday, January 10, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment