Man, did I miss my guys this week! I traveled to Boston for the annual Children's Literature Association Conference, which was a lot of fun, but it's always hard to leave home. My favorite part of the trip was exploring Boston. I'd never been there before, and it is a pretty cool place--literally and figuratively. Beth and I took the subway to Faneuil Hall for some shopping and dinner, delicious lobster rolls. I loved all the shops and market stalls in the area.
Emily, her friend Allison, and I took a bus tour of the city on Friday. This turned out to be a great idea because we were able to see so much in a short amount of time. We began the tour at Fenley Park.The characteristic of the city that struck me again and again was the strange juxtaposition of the old and contemporary. It's interesting and certainly makes the city stand apart from so many others.
The double-decker bus was the way to go. We had great views of the whole city.
Oh, yeah, and there was the conference too. Here's a picture of some of the ISU crowd. The conference was really interesting, as usual, and it was fun to present on a panel with friends. The highlight of the conference for me, though, was Gregory Maguire's (author of Wicked, among others) keynote address. That guy is brilliant and fabulously entertaining! No wonder I enjoy his books so much.
JD and Michael somehow survived without me, and it made me feel so good when Michael got really excited to have me home again. Thanks so much to all the friends who helped out while I was gone, especially Emily M. and Randi. You guys are life savers! Traveling is fun, but home is the best place in the world.
1 comment:
wow looks like a great trip!
Post a Comment