Monday, September 17, 2012

We're HOME

So much has happened in the last few weeks, and I haven't had any time to blog about it all. Since Labor Day, Michael started school, and we were out of town twice. But now we're back and things should settle down for fall. Whew! I need a home-vacation. Okay, here we go. Michael started school right after Labor Day at a two morning-per-week preschool. Besides Sunday School, he's really never done something like this before, but he loves it! He cried the first day, but since then, he's ready to go every morning. This is him on his first day with his new backpack. He's looking cool.
Right after school began, we drove to South Carolina for a beach vacation with my family in Hilton Head. It was a fabulous trip and so nice for the family to get to spend some real time together. The weather was beautiful, the company was great, and we stayed busy.

 
 Michael still liked the sand the best, but he started getting into the water too.
 Shrimp boat!
 
He loved his time with Gigi and Pops and still sings, "Pops goes Gigi!"

 
 There was this fabulous ditch someone dug on the beach that Michael adopted as his construction site.
The whole gang.
Finney!
 
 On our way home, we found this awesome seesaw at a rest area. It has been ages since I've been on one, and it was Michael's first. I think we might have had a bit too much fun here.
 After returning, I left forty-eight hours later to attend a conference in Indiana for the weekend. I am so ready to be home for a good, long time!

1 comment:

Mike said...

What an awesome beach trip! Glad you got some good pics. Miss you guys already as usual