Thursday, April 11, 2013

Time has been flying by over the past couple of weeks, but I can't say that anything has really happened. We were really enjoying the warm weather for a few days, but then it got rainy and cold again. This past weekend, though, we spent a lot of time outside playing and doing yard work. We even went on our first bike ride of the season. It's amazing every year to re-emerge from our house in the Spring and to see what Michael is now capable of doing. I remember having to follow him all over the playground two springs ago, and now I can sit back on a bench and watch him climb and slide and run all by himself. He loves to "help" with yard work, even if it makes my job harder when he insists that the leaves belong, not in a pile, but burying his toys. He can ride a tricycle! He still prefers to use his feet, but his legs are finally long enough to push the pedals. Once again, it's a new world.

I've started freelance copyediting our church's Bible studies, which I've really been enjoying. It feels like the work I'm doing has a greater purpose. JD hasn't had to travel overnight in several weeks, but he has had some weekend work and some long, far travel days. With the warmer weather, Pico has remembered her barn origins and is convinced that she belongs outside. Every time we leave the house, we trip over her trying to sneak out the door. Well, that's it for now. I sign off to the Thomas the Train theme song playing in the background, and a very loud toddler singing every third word.

No comments: