Okay, the whole story: we've been praying for a couple years now to understand what God wanted our next step to be once I'd finished my degree. For two years, the answer was, "nothing, wait." We did. I had no jobs leads, and JD couldn't stay in Normal in his current position and still move forward in his career. This Spring, we decided to prioritize family over careers, over waiting for some amazing job to come along for me in some unknown place at some unknown time. The decision was right. Two weeks after JD contacted his old company, he had a job. Thirty-six hours and one showing after we put our house on the market, it sold. The path is clear.
At the same time, it's hard to leave Normal. We LOVE this place; it's where our marriage grew, where our child was born, where I earned my doctorate degree, where we met and nurtured some of the best friendships of our lives. We are saying goodbye to a lot, and we will always remember these past five years with nostalgia.
We are headed to Atlanta May 29. JD starts his new job, which is in a territory in Northwest Georgia (Rome and Dallas), June 10. We close on the house July 1. A new chapter begins.
In packing, Michael found some old baby toys that he quickly realized he has outgrown...
He really wanted to help paint! What?! We're allowed to paint the walls?!
May is the most beautiful month in Normal, Illinois, and the perfect month for Mother's Day here.
I'm not kidding--here's two pictures that Michael took all by himself! When I saw them, I was shocked.
Happy Mother's Day!






1 comment:
We know it must be hard for you all to leave Normal, IL. Steve and I even loved it there the short time we got to come and visit; however, we are so excited that you are coming back to Georgia! That is awesome that JD was offered a job so quickly and that your house sold in a day. Hope the closing on the house and the move go smoothly for you and hopefully we will get to see you all soon.
Laurie
Post a Comment