Friday, June 28, 2013

Transition

Our lives are still a bit crazy right now; I forget half of what I'm supposed to do since I'm not on any established schedule. Michael and I spent a week on our own, finding fun activities like jumping at SkyZone:
 


 Attending story time at the church, trying new splash pads, checking out new preschools...
 But this week I traveled back to Illinois to pack up and move the house. JD stayed home to work, and Vickie graciously watched Michael so that he didn't have to travel back and forth. I admit, it was really hard to see our house (and what felt like our memories) get packed into boxes. I stood in the house and remembered trying to entertain a newborn, hosting Halloween parties, hiding from snow drifts, writing a dissertation...


 But mostly I remembered moving in five years ago, still a newly-wed, a new PhD candidate, excited about owning our first house. Saying goodbye to this house was saying goodbye to that girl.
 And saying goodbye to best friends.
 We have a lot to look forward to, like our new home in Euharlee, Georgia.
But it's still hard, and this transition is very bittersweet.

No comments: