Sunday, October 19, 2008

We're Missing You!

Thanksgiving is taking way too long to get here. I can't believe I've survived a whole 2 1/2 months without our family and friends. Now don't get me wrong - I am LOVING having JD all to myself! But we still miss you all sooooooo much; it hurts. Tonight, JD and I went to Connections at our church, Eastview, in hopes of meeting some new friends. Connections at Eastview is the same thing as GroupLink at Northpoint; you meet other couples to form small groups. Well, unlike the hundreds of people that show up at a Buckhead GroupLink, maybe thirty people came, and only two of those people were young, married, and without children. The couple, Justin and Ashley, seemed nice. Ashley is working on a doctoral program in psychology at ISU, and Justin is a band director at a local high school. We're going to spend some time hanging out with them while the church checks to see if there's another established group that we could all join. If not, then we're starting our own to which we'll add couples as they pop up. Pray for us! Here's a couple of pictures of the pumpkin we carved this weekend:

1 comment:

The Ponds said...

Ok. Enough is enough. Can I have my sister-in-law back now?