Sunday, November 16, 2008

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, JD!!!

JD turned 28 today! We had a really fun weekend celebrating his birthday a couple of times. Friday, we had our new small group over for a pot luck dinner and board games. It was interesting playing games that asked players to drink water from a bowl like a cat, hold a spoon in your mouth for fifteen minutes, and smell a number of disgusting smells chosen by the other players with people you've met once before. We certainly know each other better now.

Saturday, JD's pilot friend Brian called to let us know that he'd flown into Peoria, a town 40 miles away, for the night. We drove over to see him, and the three of us had a delicious birthday dinner in celebration of JD. It was great to see an old friend, and I got to explore a new town.














Sunday, JD and I cooked a tasty brunch with his favorite, french toast! For dinner, I made another favorite, spaghetti and meatballs with a wedge salad. With a birthday dessert and some presents, the evening was perfect.

Yesterday, Brian mentioned that I'd be celebrating a lot more of JD's birthdays with him, and I got excited! I can't wait to do this for the rest of my life.

No comments: