A quick fall update: When we got home, fall seemed like it had progressed by leaps and bounds! Here are some pictures of our street:
Monday, November 3, 2008
Niagra Falls Trip
Last Wednesday, JD and I packed up and headed to Niagra Falls, Canada so that I could present at the... ready?... Mid-Atlantic Popular and American Culture Association Annual Conference (the customs officials made me say that several times - like they thought I'd actually make that up!). We stopped on the trip there and back at Kim and Andrew's in Michigan; from there, it was only another 7 hours. Strangely enough, I got an e-mail right before we left from a fellow PhD student at ISU who was already there! She had seen my name in the conference program, but neither of us had realized that the other was presenting. JD and I met up with her, Ericka, on Thursday night. Friday at 11:30, I presented a super-condensced version of my thesis on fate and free will in the Harry Potter series. The rest of Friday, JD and I walked around town, enjoying the falls (amazing!!) and spending way too much money. It was so nice to get away; it's been since Labor Day that we've had a break. Oh, don't worry about Gizmo! Emily came by and checked on her, complaining that after she had fed Gizmo, the kitty wanted nothing to do with her! What a snob (Gizmo, not Emily!)! Now we've begun the 3-week countdown until Thanksgiving. I can't wait to visit everyone in Atlanta!!!!!!!
Check out our brief Falls video:
A quick fall update: When we got home, fall seemed like it had progressed by leaps and bounds! Here are some pictures of our street:
A quick fall update: When we got home, fall seemed like it had progressed by leaps and bounds! Here are some pictures of our street:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Unbelievable pictures of Niagra and Normal!
Thanks for being so good about keeping us current. Love you.
Gorgeous pictures! And I won't take Gizmo's slight personally, she just missed you too much!
So glad you had a good trip. I hate we will miss your trip to Atlanta!
Those pictures are amazing! Did some guy really go over them in a barrel?
Post a Comment