Spring Break is finally here, and although it will be full of homework and papers, I am still happy to have a week away from campus. JD also has an easier week ahead with work calls close to home. I'm hoping to get out into the garden a few more times this week. We started Spring Break off well with some fun activities this weekend, like a lecture on humor in children's literature at the University of Illinois. We carpooled with some school friends, Emily, Melody, and Danielle.
Sunday, we had brunch with a couple from our small group, Steve and Emily. Steve took us out to Evergreen Lake to scout some camping sites, but I think it's still a bit early for camping. Emily and I just tried to survive the wind and rain!
And now, onto a week of work while my students sun themselves in tropical locations. Ah, to be an undergraduate...
Saturday, Emily had a board game party at her apartment, so it was another night full of English majors and their husbands. This is Melissa, my officemate.
And now, onto a week of work while my students sun themselves in tropical locations. Ah, to be an undergraduate...
2 comments:
the good weather is coming!! Hope you have a great spring break and get some relaxation! Can't wait to see you guys
Whose cute apartment is in the background of your blog pic?? ;)
Hope Spring Break lives up to its name!
Post a Comment