Sunday, August 16, 2009

Chicago Fun

It's the last weekend before school starts, but it was a great weekend. JD had to work in Chicago on Saturday at an eco-friendly festival, so I joined him Saturday night in the windy city. We've only visited Chicago once before (not counting the trip to pick up a dresser we bought on Craig's list), and each time we go, I like Chicago even better. Sunday, we walked the Magnificent Mile (Chicago's designer-clothing street),

strolled down the Chicago River river-walk, checked out Navy Pier,

rode the ferris wheel a couple of times, and watched the Chicago air show from afar. It was a lot of walking on a hot, humid day, but it was worth it!



The city that I've seen is clean and feels safe. We love the museum district and the lake's presence. Chicago is quickly becoming one of my favorite cities. Here's a video that JD caught of a figher-jet flying by us on the Pier:
Now, I take a deep breath as year two begins...

1 comment:

Mike said...

Awesome pictures - I would definitely like to go to Chicago with you guys on one of my visits. Let's plan that for this Spring! Cool fighter jet too, makes me want to be a fighter pilot like I used to want to be