Monday, August 10, 2009

Traveling Around the Country

This really is our last big summer trip; I promise. School starts next week, so I can't go too far once the workload hits, although we do have a trip to Chicago planned for next weekend and the annual Labor Day trip to Michigan in September.

But this trip was to Greenville, SC where our friend Kevin was married. JD and Kevin worked for Philip Morris together, both starting the job at the same time and living out in the boonies of Tennesse at the same time. Before I came along, they were quite the pair of bachelors. Kevin attended our wedding and lent us his gorgeous car as our get-away vehicle, not to mention that he is a fellow Harry Potter fan, so we were excited to support him as he got married. On Saturday afternoon, he wed Amy, a Methodist pastor, who plans to keep him in line.
Saturday evening, JD and I were sitting around in our hotel room, preparing to watch our third movie of the day when we realized that we were only 2 hours from Atlanta. And Atlanta is 2 hours closer to Normal, IL than Greenville is. Within 10 minutes, we were packed up, checked out, and on the road to Atlanta. We didn't arrive until pretty late, but we got to visit with Mom and Dad briefly. Sunday morning, we were up early to check out Michael's new house before he headed to church and we began our long haul home. His house is beautiful.

I now start my last week before school starts, training, planning, and scheduling. However, in all the busyness, we were able to finish our painting last week. From the old, faded blue wallpaper, we moved to a light gold sponge-painting that I find infinitely superior!













Yes, here you see some clouds. I think I like it; it adds something different. We'll see if I feel the same way in a year or two...

3 comments:

Emily said...

The painting looks fabulous! I can't wait to see it in person!

Mike said...

Glad you left the clouds - pretty great. So glad I got to see you guys on Sunday!!! what a surprise that was. Plus now you don't have to rely on my video tour. See you soon!

Stacy said...

Would not have been that bold. Good for you! Experimenting with paint can be so fun!