Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Labor Day '09

I'm sure it won't suprise you to hear that we had another awesome Labor Day weekend up in Michigan. Stephen kicked it off by flying to Bloomington to visit JD and I, checking out the house and our town. Friday, the three of us drove up to St. Joseph to meet up with JD's parents, grandparents, older brother Phil and his wife Nim, and the Batson clan.

Once there, we enjoyed the usual massive meals,
chiling out by the pool and in the hot tub, riding dirt bikes and four-wheelers, knee-boarding, jet skiing, boating, playing bocci ball, reading, you get the picture.
JD and I brought a selection of our garden tomatoes - red, yellow, orange, and green!
We also played our traditional Monopoly game (I was the banker). And for the first time ever, JD lost!! (to Eric).
Here, JD cozies up to a front-porch visitor.
But the big event of the weekend was fishing on Lake Michigan. The crew brought home enough salmon to feed the 16 of us and trout to last a month!

The fileting process was done by the ship captains.

Ah, it was the perfect break from school and work. Now, we have to make it to Thanksgiving.

No comments: