Sunday, September 13, 2009

Sandwich, IL

JD and I had the best time this weekend with Emily, Danielle, and Farran, hanging out in Sandwich, IL. Danielle's family owns a farm there, and ever since Emily and I heard that there is such a thing as a Sandwich fair (although it has nothing to do with sandwiches), we knew we had to attend. So, Friday we all drove the hour and a half to Danielle's farm where we played with all her cool farm stuff!!

We named these kittens Smoky and the Bandit. They liked to chew your fingers.
Danielle on top of her old pig house.



JD and I climbed to the top of a grain silo.


That's Farran in front, me and the dog, Buddy, in the back right, and Danielle in the back left.


We had a big fire with marshmellows and s'mores!



Saturday, JD had to drive to Indiana for work, but I went to the fair with the girls. It was so fun! We saw prize vegetables, photographs, art and crafts, pies, pigs, sheep, rabbits, the list goes on. We also enjoyed way too much fair food and a crazy ferris wheel. I think I may be back next year!




Julie in the cow barn.

Emily in her second life as a milk maid.


Thanks to Danielle and her family for a great time! In other news, Michael got a kitten! She's black and white and precious! I can't wait to meet her this fall.

1 comment:

Mike said...

That looks like some good down country fun up there! While you guys were riding tractors, playing in corn fields, and petting animals, JD was squirting lighter fluid on open flame, climbing grain silo's, and wearing spelunking headlamps. Can't wait to see you guys!!