Monday, November 2, 2009

Halloween

I'll bet you can't guess what I dressed up as for Halloween! Myself. Seriously, the days of costumes are over, and I am now one of the adults handing out candy to the kids having fun. But that's okay because I still get candy, and I'm still having fun. For Halloween this year, when we were asked what we were doing, we told our friends that we were doing nothing, and they thought that sounded great! So we ended up with a group of people over here Saturday night doing nothing together. Well, that's not entirely true. We ate pizza and candy and watched a movie and knitted and hung out. So that's something, and I think it was better than a lot of other Halloween options! JD and I did carve a pumpkin: it's an owl; can you tell?



For the first time in many, many, many years, now that Halloween's over, I'm ready for Christmas. I'm ususally one of the die-hard scrooges until Thanksgiving is over, but this year, for some reason, I say bring on the decorations, presents, food, and family time! If only I can make it through 4 more weeks of school and 2 more papers I have to write. Hmmm. Tricky.

2 comments:

Emily said...

I have been unashamedly listening to Christmas music for about a week now (the earliest I have ever given in to the Christmas-bug)! Something about this much stress makes me want my Christmas tree..

We are almost done! We can do it!!

Mike said...

That pumpkin looks like Gizmo with horns.

I say bring on Christmas as well! Deck them halls. And sharpen your ping pong skills.