Monday, January 11, 2010

Snowy Normal

Well, we've been back for a week, and we're settling in nicely. JD went back to work (he is feeling much better, finally), and I prepared for classes, read, and cleaned all week. JD's third-grade basketball team, the Scarlett Knights (they disowned the Scarlett part) had their first game Saturday morning and won! Those kids are actually really good players! I was on the edge of my seat for the entire game.


It snowed 5 1/2 inches last week, leaving us with a total of 9-10 inches on the ground. JD has been shoveling so that our driveway is one of the prettiest on the street! The snow makes walking to school much more difficult. On Friday, I was trudging home among the footprints and accidentally ended up in a drift up to my knees! I can't wait to tell our child that I had to walk to school in the snow, uphill both ways--which is true!

Here's our bird-bath.

Gizmo won't move off the floor heating vent. You can just see the edges of it protruding from under her butt.


And quick baby update: I'm now 18 weeks, and we'll get to find out the sex next Wednesday. How exciting!

5 comments:

Ashley Little said...

I vote girl! Don't really have a reason. Just wanted a vote!

Mike said...

tell gizmo to move her big can off the vent and share some with the baby. I want to check out all that cool snow!

Tom said...

Waiting to see the pics of Michael!

Tom said...

Waiting to see picture of little Mike!

Tom said...

Waiting to see little Mike!