Monday, April 11, 2011

Asheville, North Carolina

Mom's Spring Break was last week, so I got to enjoy it with her by traveling to Asheville, NC together. We had the best time! We ate out, visited the Biltmore Estate (wow), spent a day at the Grove Park Spa (wow again), then rode horses through Biltmore's grounds, and shopped in downtown Asheville. I ate some of the best food and saw some of the most beautiful sights that America has to offer.
Our bed and breakfast, the Princess Ann Hotel.



Biltmore! It outshines some of the castles I've seen in France and England.


It was such a beautiful day! In fact, every day gave us perfect weather.



The gardens: all tulips!


The winery. We had fun trying the different wines.


Grove Park Inn and Spa. Gorgeous!


Mom rode Goose on Saturday morning.



Guess my horse's name - Gizmo!



Shopping in Asheville. I spent all JD's money.


Meanwhile, Vickie traveled to stay with Michael because JD still had to work all week. I hear that things went very well, and Michael is now trying new foods! It also looks like he has two upper teeth trying to break through.

Now to get back into work mode for three more weeks!

1 comment:

Mike said...

so great pics! Glad you guys had fun and it was fun hearing about it.