I hate to say things are bad, but that's sure how I'm feeling this week. But then, I opened up my daily devotional this morning, and this was the message:
________________________________________When God Says "Wait"
by Rick Warren
"But these things I plan won’t happen right away. Slowly, steadily, surely, the time approaches when the vision will be fulfilled. If it seems slow, do not despair, for these things will surely come to pass. Just be patient! They will not be overdue a single day!" (Habakkuk 2:3 LB)
Even as you make a decision to follow the dream God places in your heart, you can expect a delay. God will not fulfill your dream immediately, because this is another step toward building your faith.
In Habakkuk 2, God says, “These things I plan won’t happen right away. Slowly, steadily, surely, the time approaches when the vision will be fulfilled” (Habakkuk 2:3 LB).
When delay comes to your dreams, you’ll most likely start asking the question, “When, Lord? When are you going to answer my prayer?”
We all have to go through these waiting periods. Even Jesus waited for 30 years in the carpenter’s shop before setting out on his public ministry.
Why do we wait? It teaches us to trust in God. We learn that his timing is perfect. One of the facts we have to learn is this: God’s delay never destroys his purpose.
A delay is not a denial. Children must learn the difference between “no” and “not yet,” and so must we. Many times we think God is saying, “No,” but he is really saying, “Not yet.”
_________________________________________
And then there's my favorite verse for the week:
"Dear young friends, you belong to God and have already won your fight with those who are against Christ because there is someone in your hearts who is stronger than any evil teacher in this wicked world" (1 John 4:4, New Living Translation).
Wow, God spoke straight to my heart. And people wonder how God speaks!
1 comment:
these are really great. I like the "not yet." And that God's plans are never delayed, they are in His perfect timing. Hard to remember that His perfect timing isn't usually our timing.
I'm really glad you're getting inspiration and God is growing you closer in this time, Jul. Praying for you as always.
Post a Comment