I wish I had something exciting to post about this week, but it's been quiet, for once. I submitted my dissertation to the graduate school, so I'm totally finished with everything school-related now (except teaching, of course). I've been applying to jobs and working on publications. JD trained some new employees over the weekend and mowed the grass for, probably, the last time this year. Michael has been enjoying school a lot: last week he made a bag that he filled with leaves, and he colored a picture of Grover. I took him to a full-day school on Friday to see if he liked it for next semester, and he had a great time. We've been trying potty training in short increments, and I can't say we're getting anywhere just yet. Even when he tells us he has to go, he won't stop playing. He spent some time playing with Isaac this week, so I got some funny pictures that I shared on Facebook.
Randi and I are thinking of trying a sleep-over Thursday night--or maybe a not-sleep over... We have two new couples in our Bible study that we are enjoying growing closer with. God always knows just who to bring into our lives at the right time. I don't know if I've mentioned this on the blog, but I've also been teaching a Sunday school class in Baby Kidsview at church on Sunday mornings every-other month since June. I have two-year olds, so Michael is in my class the months I work. I'm really enjoying it. I was hesitant to commit to serving so often, but I do feel like I am making a difference in introducing these children to Jesus and in allowing their parents the time to enjoy the service. At least I get where two-year-olds are coming from. Most of them just want a lot of hugs. So, nothing much new, just life. But it's a good life.
1 comment:
I think riding toilets at Home Depot classifies your post as pretty awesome!! Hope you had a great weekend
Post a Comment