Thursday, March 7, 2013

Growing Up

We accomplished our big goal of last weekend: to transition into a big boy bed. I was prepared for the worst: sleepless nights, fussing, compomised sleep schedules. But, Michael suprised me, and life was easy for once. He took to his new bed right away and has not had any trouble sleeping it in this week. He will occassionally get out of bed, but we put a baby gate on his door so that he can't go down the stairs in the middle of the night. Now on to potty training!

 We got dumped on by a ton of snow again this week; it's probably the most snow we've had all winter. JD and Michael had a lot of fun making a snowman, and when they came back in, Michael had great hat hair.
 On Tuesday morning, Michael and I took a ride over to Miller Park where there's a train on display. It was quite beautiful in the falling snow.
 On another ride around town, I snapped this shot of a barn and silo at a nearby farm. Snowy Illinois.
 Michael got to visit with Isaac and Randi Monday, then Isaac and Randi came over to our house for Bible study. The boys enjoyed each other that day.
It's Spring Break! I'm so excited for the break that I feel like an undergraduate all over again. I can't wait to spend this time with my family, and JD and I are really looking forward to a little get away ourselves. Happy Spring!

1 comment:

Mike said...

look at all the snow!! Also I like the big boy bed, can't wait to see it.