Monday, September 1, 2008

Labor Day '08

This weekend, JD and I joined the Batson and Pond families (okay, and Cashes and Gunters) in St. Joseph, Michigan for the new annual Labor Day retreat at JD's uncle and aunt's house. Like last year, we had such a good time. Besides swimming, jet skiing, boating, jumping on the trampoline, playing video games, playing a 4-hour Monopoly game (which JD won), playing croquet and boccie ball, and celebrating Joey's 10-year birthday, we stuffed ourselves with pork, steak, and fish, slept in bunk beds, and caught up on all the family news. The weekend successfully took our minds off all that has been going on lately and got us back in touch with our fun selves. We were so sorry to leave this morning and only made it out the door because we made plans to return in October for a fall trip. Kim and Andrew and their five boys live in a beautiful home I've titled Batson Land after its amusement park qualities. The weather was perfect every day (summer in the mid-west is the most beautiful I've ever experienced!), and everyone found themselves in good spirits. Now, I think I'm ready to face another week. Here's a short video of the end of the hot pepper eating contest of which JD and I took no part!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very professional. Could not (would not) have done a better job myself.