Monday, February 8, 2010

Looking Forward

Really, life is pretty quiet right now with winter keeping us indoors. JD did finish the bead board in Michael's room this weekend, and I'll post pictures as soon as we've painted it. But I'm spending a lot of my time looking forward to the spring and summer when so many fun events are planned; they keep me motivated (somewhat) through the cold days.

Big Mike, or Uncle Mike, whatever, is coming to visit in two weeks! I'm kinda hoping for a heavy snow right before he gets here because he and JD want to rent cross-country skies for the Constitution Trail. We also have game night planned, as other activities will depend on the weather. JD and I appreciate so much the effort that Michael keeps making to come visit us up here. He experiences our lives in all seasons and stages, making us feel loved.

Two weeks later, I will be heading home for Spring Break with three Illinois friends: Emily, Beth, and Danielle. I have so many plans to introduce the girls to the South that I don't know if we'll have much free time for sleeping. We're thinking of the Coca Cola Museum, the Aquarium, the Sundial, pottery painting, high tea for lunch, the premier of Alice in Wonderland with Johnny Depp, and to top it all off, a family baby shower. Mom and Vickie have been working hard to prepare the most beautiful shower I could imagine! It will be such a memorable event having my Atlanta friends, my Illinois friends, and my family all in the same place at once.

Of course, Baby Michael's arrival in June is a much anticipated event around here. The Moms are planning to stay for shifts after his birth, and the Dads and brothers and grandparents will pop in and out throughout the summer. My family plans to return in July, spending our annual summer vacation in Normal, IL! (See you next year, Hilton Head). Trips to Chicago, the nearby lake, and local summer events will provide a great family vacation.

All this family time will be followed by our annual Labor Day trip to Michigan, visiting with JD's family, capped with another Uncle Mike visit in September. Before we know it, it will be Thanksgiving and Christmas again! Maybe I should stop all this planning and settle down to the homework that's due tomorrow. :)

2 comments:

Stacy said...

Sounds like a great year! Looking forward to seeing you in March! (Btw, if you are talking about painting pottery where we went in Decatur, I have sad news...it closed) Oh, and I like the new blog photo! LY!

Mike said...

heck yes looks like a good line up you have for 2010. If only my events were so lined up like that! If I know what's happening this weekend, I'm ahead. Really glad things are going well up there for you and JD though and I look forward to seeing you several times this year and staying updated in between.