I simply cannot imagine what you have been doing with yourselves since I've taken so long to update the blog. It's been a bit crazy around here as I was out in Roanoke, VA last week, attending and presenting (what a story) at the annual Children's Literature Association Conference. Mom and Dad flew up to hang out with Michael while JD was at work, so they had a whole set of their own adventures too! But we are now all reunited and settled back in, so I can finally resume my normal activities.
Although a complete rundown of the conference would take much longer than a blog post, I'll provide a couple of key phrases that sum up the week: 12 1/2 hour drives, really crappy dormitories, Fat Louie the cat, interesting panels, a broken microphone, visiting with old friends, too much excellent food, shopping, violent hugs, and lots of reading. There. You get the picture.
Actually, here are a couple of pictures, including the "really crappy dorms" and Fat Louie's (the dorm cat) tail down by my bed.

Here is Emily accepting her illustrious research grant from an equally illustrious professor who looks like nothing more than an undergraduate student.

Also on campus was a large rock on which people painted stuff.

I swear I did not paint this; it was already there!

And what is a blog post, really, without a picture of Michael?! Here's a good one...

This week is our 5th anniversary and July 4th celebrations! We'll have lots to tell you next week.
2 comments:
You couldn't have found a better pic of Michael than that!!??
We had a fabulous time visiting with JD and Michael while you were gone.
I loved Constitution Trail, the Bloomington Farmers Mkt., downtown Normal, the cool weather and, of course, MICHAEL!!
finally an update, sheesh. Glad your trip was great and I miss you guys. The Family blog is in even more desperate update need...
Post a Comment