Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Spring Break #4

I can't believe that this is my fourth Spring Break in Illinois!Two Spring Breaks ago, the girls and I were traveling south for my Atlanta baby shower. Crazy. I stayed in town this time, but we did manage to make it up to Chicago's Brookfield Zoo to check out some cool animals with Michael. As expected, he loved it. Okay, maybe he was a bit confused by the turkey vulture.. But the ducks were fascinating!
 I was so afraid that the lama was going to spit on them.
 His favorite part was probably petting the goats, like this baby goat. So cute!
 The polar bear was a bit hot in the 80 degree weather.
 I loved seeing the giraffes. Michael has never seen anything like them before!
JD has been working hard on the house. I wish I had taken some before and after pictures because the transformation is amazing. Yes, I'm a bit sad to be back in school, but now we're counting down until summer.

1 comment:

Melissa Boehning Libert said...

love, love the zoo! we should plan an outing to St. Louis -- great, free zoo.