Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Camping

This weekend, we took Michael camping for the first time. Now, we've talked about it many times ever since he was born, but we just weren't sure how he would behave and whether he (or, more importantly, we) would get any sleep at all. Friday night, we decided to brave it with the Morrisons, and the experiment was a success! Besides knocking on someone else's tent, trying to touch the fire, playing in the dog's water, and crawling around the tent at all hours of the night, Michael was perfect!



 He loved the s'mores, calling them "Num Nums" for "Yum Yums." And, he really did sleep well once he fell asleep. We think that once we start getting out there more often, Michael will learn the camping rules and will be a regular hippie! Commence the cheap vacations.
Michael has never been able to get his hands around any water pistol that I have gotten him, but this dinosaur one is perfect. I LOVE how he chases after JD, shouting, "I shoot you, Daddy!"

No comments: