Thursday, August 7, 2008

1 Week in Illinois

Well, we've been camping in the Prairie State for one week now, and things are settling down. JD started his new job at Whirlpool on Monday, which is going nicely. I reported to the ISU campus today for the first day of my Teaching Assistant orientation. Needless to say, I'm exhaused. They do everything differently up here in Illinois; there is so much to learn, and I have to teach it all in ten days! The homesickness is improving somewhat, but I think it will get worse again on the weekend. Poor JD has been so supportive and understanding! I spent the first part of the week unpacking, and I am now thoroughly sick of it. Humor me though, and gaze with appreciation at my beautiful bookshelves. Allow me to explain. Here in the foyer, we have classics organized alphabetically on the left, contemporary fiction organized alphabetically on the upper right, and self-help/religious/non-fiction (memoirs)/miscellaneous on the bottom right. In my study,
we have children's/young adult fiction and non-fiction alphabetically on the left and reference materials on the right. I've already warned JD that I'll never be able to live in a house without built-in bookshelves again! I'm spoiled. And now you can all stop giving your computers those smirks and call me. Because I miss you all so much.

3 comments:

The Ponds said...

Great post! I've been waiting patiently this week to see some pics of the new pad. Wish us luck. Our big move is tonight, tomorrow and sunday!!

Anonymous said...

very nice home. beautiful pait job in your office. you look happy.

Anonymous said...

paint is spelled Paint