
This young adult graphic novel is amazing. It intersperses three stories - one of a monkey king, one of a young Chinese immigrant, and one of a teenage American with an embarrassing Chinese cousin (think Long Duck Dong). The stories inform each other throughout and come together at the end with a great message. Plus, the genre is so fun to read! This is the first graphic novel I've read, and I'm hooked. I highly, highly recommend this book.
#2: Brandi Carlile

Okay, so I'm probably the last person to hear about her, but it wasn't until JD and I started watching the Olympics obsessively that I heard her sing. You know, she's the singer for the Chevy commercial that plays about 25 times a night during the Olympics broadcast? Check out her website: http://www.brandicarlile.com/, and listen to my favorite song of hers, "The Story":
No comments:
Post a Comment