Monday, August 18, 2008

First Day of School

My PhD program has begun, as has teaching English 101 for the year. I've been attending Instructor Orientation/Training for the past week, and today I got to find out how much I'd actually absorbed as I tried to explain all these new concepts to the incoming Freshmen. Those poor students! They were terrified; I could practically see them shaking in their chairs as I introduced them to their first college class. The room stayed silent and still as I covered the syllabus with them; if only their behavior would remain so respectful! But give them a few months, and all that awe will turn into confident attitude. As long as they learn something... I attended my linguistics class today as well, which, although a mixed undergrad/grad class, has several PhD students from the Instructor Training that I know. It will probably be my least favorite class of the semester, but I'm excited about it all right now. Tomorrow is my first real children's lit class!!...

No comments: