Sunday, February 22, 2009

Our New Church

Eastview Christian Church has been growing a bigger and bigger part of our lives up here in Normal. We joined a small group in November, as soon as I felt capable of handling an extracirricular, and as most of you know, God had his hand on that group forming. When we attended Connections, we met only one other couple our age, but the four of us met socially and prayed that God would lead others to fellowship with us. Within a couple of weeks, we had three more couples. The group now consists of ten strongly committed individuals who meet weekly to share and learn from God's word. JD and I immediately got targeted as small group leaders when Eastview heard that we hailed from Andy Stanley's Northpoint Church! Since then, JD's volunteered as a basketball coach for Upward Bound (which he alternatively regrets and enjoys), and has been asked to be a coach for the adult league beginning in March. Because of these opportunities, we are at the church a lot, and we're getting to know a good group of folks there. I guess I tell you all this because it feels so good to have found a church home here. The first time JD and I were ever here in Normal (back in June for a children's literature conference), we made an appointment to see a house for sale, and the owners told us about Eastview when they heard we were Christians. God has had all this planned for so long, and I am so blessed to have a husband that leads our family in faith.
And for those of you who like to keep up with Gizmo, she's still hibernating, awaiting Spring.

1 comment:

Tom said...

Exellent, Julie. You are definitely on the right track. God never changes and you can count on Him. Your commitment to Him is the greatest joy that we as parents will ever experience.

Love, Mom and Dad