
I was so excited to find a dresser on Craig's list that I loved and could afford, that I didn't much worry about the fact that it was in Chicago - until I told JD. But he agreed to make it part of his work day on Friday, since he would be up closer to Chicago anyway (we live about 2 1/2 hours away, but some days JD works only 45 mins south of the city). So I accompanied him to work on Friday, reading homework in a coffee shop until he finished up. We then tried the famous Chicago Giordano's pizza, but were pretty diappoined (sorry, Justin!). We headed north and found our dresser in a downtown loft. We succeeded in lugging it down to the underground parking garage but soon realized that it wouldn't fit in the Jeep, and if we tried to tie it onto the roof of the Jeep, we wouldn't clear the parking garage ceiling. We ended up having to work in a windy Chicago back alley after dark, trying to secure the dresser to our roof (my job was to watch for "sketchy people" wandering down our alley). But it worked, and we got our dresser home safely!
Saturday also involved furniture work as my parents' Christmas present to us arrived: a kitchen cart that we're using for an island. It took some assembly, but now it's perfect!

Our hard work was relieved on Sunday when we got to take a break for a Superbowl party. We brought snacks to our friends' Justin and Ashley's home where several of our other Bible study members also showed up. It was a nice ending to a busy weekend!


1 comment:
Sounds like a pretty bootleg way of getting a dresser, but you do what you gotta do to save a few clams!
Post a Comment