Monday, February 9, 2009

Life

No kidding - at this moment, JD is running around the first floor in his pajamas, chasing Gizmo under the kitchen table. It's a crazy house I live in.

It wants to be Spring, but it's still Winter. We've had a couple of teasing days that have reached the high 50's, but the forecast calls for the 30's again this weekend. We're told that middle Illinois is famous for extreme temperature changes during Spring, but it must be famous among itself because I'd never heard of that before.

JD's basketball team, the Polar Bears, reached an all-time high this past Saturday when their players managed to dribble with only one hand.

I've already had to pull two students into my office to discuss the fact that they're failing my class. Neither of them turned in their first papers. A third student asked me for a tissue the other day. I hadn't realized that I was his mother.

JD had a runny nose for 2 days last week, promptly passing his cold along to me - a cold that I've now suffered with for 8 days.

On a higher note, only 12 more weeks of school until summer. And then summer classes. And then 3 more years...

No comments: