It's funny how there are so many things about being pregnant that people prepare you for - and then they're wrong - and how there are so many other things that no one even mentions. For instance, although I anticipated it somewhat, no one warned me that once I hit forty weeks, I'd never be able to stop thinking about labor and delivery. And each day it grows closer, the more it preys on my mind, of course.
It doesn't help to attend twelve hours of childbirth education class in which I get to hear every grewsome detail that could possibly happen to me (but let's pray that at least 80% of it doesn't). Wednesday's 3-hour session left me shaking, followed by a nice 24-hour anxiety stomach ache. Luckily, friends and family interveened through prayer and long talks to help ease my mind, and I think I'm just calming down in time for this week's class.
Surprsingly, JD isn't worried at all! :) Thank goodness there's one sane person in the house. Now that school is out (students earned a total of 3 Ds this semester-not bad!), I have so much free time by myself, a good and a bad thing. We're getting lots of work accomplished, particularly on the yard, and I have found a couple of opportunities to spend time with friends. But I'm rather disappointed in Gizmo's general lack of concern for the whole ordeal.
2 comments:
Hey Julie -
Just read your post and I can't believe how close you and JD are to being parents and meeting your little one. On a personal note, leading up to both of my deliveries I too was so nervous (and I naturally am a very anxious person and I do not like not being in control or hospitals, etc...). However, once I was in the hospital having my babies it was okay because I was so excited to finally meet this little person who I had felt kicking for so long and I was so excited that Steve was finally getting to meet them and hold them too. I tried to remind myself that I had faith in my doctors and in God and that everything would go as it was supposed to. We are so excited to see pictures of little Michael soon and we will pray that you have a smooth and quick delivery.
Laurie
and besides, just think, no more kankles! You will be great Jul, none of us (except maybe you) doubt at all and God will watch over you each and every second.
Post a Comment