I can't believe how quickly the weeks are passing. Where has my first month of summer break gone?! It's definitely summer here. Last Monday, the high was 57; yesterday, the high was 92. I'm hot.
But we're still getting stuff accomplished. This weekend, JD and I assembled the pack 'n play, the bassinet, the bouncy chair, finished up the diaper stacker, mended the rocking chair cushion, and installed the car seat and its paraphernalia. We also packed our hospital bag. No matter how hard JD tried to get me to pack some Hackinsaw Boys bluegrass for the labor room, I opted instead for some nature sounds.
We found a cool drive-in movie theatre Friday night where we saw the new Shrek, thanks to Kyle and Danielle. And Sunday we finally saw Avatar (yes, on Blue Ray, Michael) thanks to Beth. This week is our last week of hospital classes; we also get to meet our new pediatrician. I have to agree with JD that I'm glad the breastfeeding classes are over. It just starts to get uncomfortable more than helpful when the instructor demonstrates pumping over her own clothes.
Tuesday, May 25, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
no Hackinsaw boys? what's Little Mike going to think being brought in to nature sounds? What better time to get him acclimated to what he will eventually like (if JD and I have anything to say about it) than ground zero?? Oh well, can't win em all. Woo hoo, just got JD's text this morning!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Post a Comment